Coaching - Best Practices
- Be aware of mansplaining attitudes during trainings and games
Mansplaining is the act of explaining something to someone in a way that suggests that they are stupid based on their expressed gender.
- Be aware of the objectification of bodies
Objectification involves viewing and/or treating a person as an object devoid of thought or feeling. This is most commonly seen in the sexualisation and commodification of feminine bodies and the proliferation of ideal body standards represented in media.
- Junior coaches should have a communication channel with the parents
Direct communication with the parents is helpful in the organisational aspects of managing a team and can also improve the player's performance.
- Set specific measures to reduce the dropouts
As a coach, you need to use tactics and methods that use the strengths of everyone. This means using different coaching methods and playing strategies catered to the individual players' strengths and the team as a whole. As a result, an inclusive and conscientious approach to this issue is essential.
- What is toxic masculinity and how to tackle it
Understanding toxic masculinity and how to tackle it.